Menu Close Menu

Forum

Beware.. Join Adult Trans Chat and u will get Transexual Dating Ads / Chat Bugs & User Support / Transgender Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug 09, 2020 5:32:PM

MarthaCD

Beware.. Join Adult Trans Chat and u will get Transexual Dating Ads

I joined Adult Trans Chat and all of a sudden I am getting Transsexual Dating Ads on my Yahoo Home Page. I often share my computer and I am upset and livid this is happening so beware before you sign up...I never had this happen on TG talk

#2 Aug 09, 2020 6:31:PM

AQM63

Re: Beware.. Join Adult Trans Chat and u will get Transexual Dating Ads

maybe you need to set your filters for your email.  I've been on the new site since they announced it, and have had no issues with emails from dating sites.

#3 Aug 09, 2020 9:29:PM

JenniferNYC

Please go to the drop down menu on the main page. Then your account and then settings. Be sure it's set to NO for the following:

Allow my photos and other profile information to be used on other sites for promotional reasons on tgguide.com, transchat.zone or any of its affiliated transgender sites.

Last edited by JenniferNYC (Aug 09, 2020 9:30:PM)

#4 Aug 10, 2020 2:18:AM

serviceman
Administrator

The adult trans chat site is in no way affiliated with yahoo or any other advertising site that is affiliated with yahoo. I will have to assume that the ads came about from another source. I would also contact yahoo on how you can block these ads.

#5 Oct 09, 2020 10:19:PM

UKTechie46F

MarthaCD wrote:

I joined Adult Trans Chat and all of a sudden I am getting Transsexual Dating Ads on my Yahoo Home Page. I often share my computer and I am upset and livid this is happening so beware before you sign up...I never had this happen on TG talk

I don't know if the site you have joined is responsible (its possible though...) or if the search terms you have used online are the real source of the problem.

A non-gender related example from my own life, is that I once searched for articles on removing earwax (yeah, gross I know...) and for weeks afterwards was served dozens of click-bait articles on impacted earwax. I kid you not. It was that targeted.

There are two solutions.

1. Use a browser plug-in that blocks ads by default (such as Ad Block Plus on Firefox or Chrome).
2. Use a browser that blocks ads by default (such as Brave browser).

Both solutions have worked for me personally.